Friday, February 13, 2015

Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Fall 2015: Richard Chai Love

This was my first show for Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Fall 2015. It was yesterday, February 12th at Lincoln Center. I like this show for one reason...it has menswear. Menswear means there are male models. I no longer drool after the male models like in the past because the models to day aren't really much to my taste, too young/boyish and too skinny. One thing about the male models remains...most of them are far more polite and social than the females. I'll speak more on that in my fashion week recap. I'll be doing an extended version next week.

Richard Chai Love's Fall 2015 collection seemed very wearable, young, but with some maturity. It was styled very well and put together. One of the stylists said that the look was supposed to be as if you just threw the clothes on so things were left unzipped and snapped. Ultimately to me, this collection wasn't overly exciting. I did like the fact that it was mostly cohesive and both the menswear and the womenswear worked together.


 Callum
 Mariah. I was assigned four models to dress, but I only really helped this model. It's hard to dress four models at the same time!
 Greg. This guy had lovely manners! He said hi to me and asked how I was doing and after the show he said thank you to me. All I did was tighten his shoe laces. All models could learn a lesson in being kind and polite like this. I would have gone out of my way to get Greg anything he needed just because he was so polite. I'm never keen on models who have bad manners or who are nasty. It's a safe bet I won't do much for th models who have bad manners and stank attitudes.
 Florence









 This is my favorite look. I liked the dress, but I really liked the shrug!


















 This dude, Abiah...he still remembers me from when we met at the gap presentation back in 2013. I've seen him at several shows since then and he always says acknowledges me when he sees me. Could be that we both live up in the same 'hood, lol!








The designer, Richard Chai

No comments: